Empowering everyone to work safely whilst improving productivity. The training is an e-Learning system that provides access to a huge library of accredited courses.
Health & Safety Policy
We are proud to be part of Achilles - a truly worldwide community dedicated to raising standards and doing business in ways that benefit everyone.
Rospa - Royal Society For The Prevention Of Accidents
As an Awarding Organisation, RoSPA Qualifications must comply with a strict set of guidelines and conditions. You can therefore be sure that our processes are robust and fair.
Quality Assurance Policy
Freight Transport Association
FTA is one of the biggest business groups in the UK, supporting, shaping and standing up for efficient logistics. They are the only organisation in the UK that represents all of logistics, with members from the road, rail, sea and air industries, as well as the buyers of freight services such as retailers.
CHAS - The Contractors Health and Safety Assessment Scheme
The purpose of CHAS is to help both buyers and suppliers in the assessment of health and safety competence.
SJS Construction Ltd. is committed to providing our clients with the highest standards of quality along with our contractual requirements to ensure total customer satisfaction. SJS Construction achieves this through its Quality Management System (QMS) that covers all aspects of quality assurance. SJS Construction carries out regular audits and reviews to ensure continuous product / service improvement.
SJS Construction shall:
· Work with our clients to fully understand, reach agreement and conform on the scope of work.
· Actively follow up on customer and supplier requirements through monitoring and reviewing, ensuring continual improvement and business performance.
· Promote awareness and understanding of quality as an integral part of employees work through motivation, education and continuous training.
· For all staff, provide training appropriate to employee development and business needs.
· Involve employees in setting specific targets, action plans and discussing results.
· Encourage employees to come up with suggestions for improvement.
· Continuously inform management and employees about targets and results.
· Share knowledge and work together within industrial associations with other companies regarding results and best practice.
· Evaluate the best available technology and best practise for existing facilities, new facilities and rebuilding projects.
· Work closely with industry bodies to give guidance, consultation and promote best practise throughout the industry.
We are committed to sustainable development (meeting the needs of the present without compromising the ability of future generations to meet their own needs) as a guiding principle within our work. Concern for the environment is an integral and fundamental part of this commitment. Our aim is to reduce the impact on the environment from our operations.
· Promote responsibility for the environment within the organisation and communicate and implement this policy at all levels within the workforce.
· Reduce the use of energy, water and other resources.
· Comply with all relevant environmental legislation/regulations.
· Continue to ensure that our fleet of vehicles comply with the lowest emission standards.
· Continue to monitor vehicle idling times.
· Ensure that the office staff are aware of environmental issues and that all electrical items (computers etc) are switched off at a set time each evening. Continue to use LED lighting in offices and ensure that use of resources is scrutinised regularly.
SJS Construction Ltd regards Health and Safety as a matter of foremost importance and an essential part of its responsibilities. Furthermore, it regards the promotion of health and safety matters as a mutual objective of both management and employees.
It is therefore, SJS Construction Ltd policy to do all that is reasonably practicable to prevent personal injury and damage to property and to protect everyone from foreseeable risks, including the general public, insofar as they interface with SJS Construction Ltd or its activities.
SJS Construction Ltd will:
· Provide and maintain a safe and healthy working environment at each of its locations, in accordance with the relevant statutory requirements;
· Provide sufficient information, instruction and training for all its employees, as is necessary for them to conduct their work activities in a safe manner;
· Provide and maintain machinery, equipment etc. and systems of work that are safe and without risks to health;
· Provide and maintain means of access to and from the workplace that are safe and without risks to health;
· Provide and maintain adequate facilities and arrangements for the welfare of its employees whilst at work; and
· Arrange safe and healthy systems for use, handling, storage and transport of hazardous materials.
The Managing Directors are appointed as Directors responsible for health and safety. They put in place arrangements for the effective implementation of the policy.
The Safety, Health & Environmental (SHE) Manager has the responsibility to ensure that the system is implemented. He reports to the Directors and keeps them, and other Managers advised, through regular reports, of the status and adequacy of the system and of its implementation. Reports are based on regular inspections and audits of all work locations.